Strawberry Mint Spritzer
Revision as of 17:42, 11 April 2012 by RealRecipes (Text replace - "Contributed by [http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/ Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group]" to "<ref>"Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_)
This sparkling drink is ideal as a refreshing spritzer for a brunch or on a hot summer day.
- Source: The American Heart Association Meals in Minutes Cookbook, 2002 by the American Heart Association.
- Go Red Recipe of The Month, June 2007
- Serves 6
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 lb strawberries (about 2 cups)
- ½ cup sugar or your favorite sweetener
- grated zest of 1 medium lime (about 1 tsp)
- 2 tbsp lime juice (1 to 2 medium limes)
- 4 cups club soda, sparkling water, or seltzer
- 6 lime wedges (optional)
- 6 mint sprigs (optional)
- chop mint leaves into very small pieces.
- Stem and halve strawberries.
- Put in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Add sugar, lime zest, lime juice, and chopped mint leaves; process until blended.
- To serve, pour ⅓ cup strawberry mixture and ⅔ cup club soda into each glass; add ice and stir.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and mint sprig.
Per 1 cup serving:
- 88 Calories | 0g Total Fat | 0g Saturated Fat | 0g Poly Fat | 0g Mono Fat | 0mg Cholesterol | 36mg Cholesterol | 36mg Sodium | 22g Carbs | 2g Fiber | 1g Protein
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/