Soupe Glacée de Melon    aka iced melon soup, this is a wonderful treat for a hot summer day.
- 3 very ripe French melons
- several pinches of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small glass of sweet white wine such as Monbazillac, Sauternes or Barsac
- iced water
- some shreds of air-dried ham
- Open melons and remove seeds.
- Remove flesh, preserving juices.
- Season the melon parts with salt and pepper.
- Include the wine.
- Leave to marinate for ~15 min.
- Include at least 2 tbsp of iced water, blend to achieve a smooth or slightly grainy consistency.
- Chill before serving.
- Optional to include a smattering of ham shreds, or feta.