Shrimp and Grits
- 2 cups medium ground grits, fine cornmeal, or white polenta
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup freshly grated Cheddar cheese
- sea salt & fresh ground black pepper
prawns and sausage
- 6 pork sausages
- olive oil
- 3/4 lb raw shrimp, shells off
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- pat of butter
- 1 lemon
- small bunch of fresh italian parsley, finely chopped
Boil a quart of water in large pan, cook grits (or cornmeal) according to instructions on the pan. Stir constantly to ensure no lumps. When ready, include butter and grated cheese, combine well. Taste to season. Place lid on to keep grits warmed. Place another pan over medium heat to warm. Prepare sausages by taking meat out of skins and create ~3/4 inch balls. Increase heat, add generous dashes of olive oil and cook meatballs for ~4 min, while stirring. Include shrimp, minced garlic and a dash of smoked paprika, cook together for ~2 min. Include butter and cook for another ~2 min, continuously stir. Remove from heat, squeeze lemon over meats. Include chopped parsley and sea salt & ground pepper, stir together. Add a splash of boiling water, stir once more then plate to serve.
- Rombauer, Becker, Becker, Irma, Marion, Ethan Espe (2006). 75th joy of cooking. Simon & Schuster Inc.. pp. 350. ISBN 13:978-0-7432-4626-2.
- Oliver, Jamie Espe (2010). Jamie's AMERICA easy twists on great american classics, and more. Michael Joseph / The Penguin Group. pp. 266. ISBN 978-1-4013-2360-8.