Rice 'n' Strawberry Pudding
- Slice strawberries, reserving 8 for garnish.
- Sprinkle sliced strawberries with ¼ cup sugar and juice from lime.
- Set aside.
- Bring rice,salt,milk and remaining ½ cup sugar to boil in heavy saucepan with tight-fitting lid.
- Stir once or twice, reduce heat; cover, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender and milk is almost absorbed.
- Add vanilla and rum.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Fold in whipped cream, reserving ½ cup for garnish.
- Spoon pudding into serving dishes.
- Top each with sliced strawberries, a dollop of whipped cream and a strawberry.