Ratatouille   is a montage of vegetables that are traditionally cooked separately to keep the flavours pure before mixing them together.
- 2 pounds plump eggplants
- 2 pounds zucchini
- 1 pound green peppers
- 1 pound red peppers
- 3 pounds very ripe tomatoes
- 2 pounds large, white, mild onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 10 fat garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- a good bunch of basil
- a good bunch of flat-leaved parsley
- some sprigs of thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- plenty of olive oil
- ↑ Grausman, Richard (1988). French Classics Made Easy. Thomas Allen & Son Limited. pp. 193-194. ISBN 978-0-7611-5854-7.
- ↑ Woodward, Sarah (2006). the food of france. Kyle Cathie Limited. pp. 174-175. ISBN 978-1-904920-43-4.