Potato Casserole   is a creamy mashed potato dish.
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 1 tbsp salt
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz Cheddar cheese, grated (~2 cups)
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Warm oven to 400 degree F.
- Spray/grease a baking dish.
- Peel and chop potatoes into 1" cubes.
- In a pan include the potatoes, salt and water, cover with a lid and bring to boil.
- Decrease heat to simmer for ~31 min.
- Cook bacon and dab with paper towel.
- Let bacon cool and then crumble into small pieces.
- Drain potatoes.
- Combine potatoes, butter, mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, half the cheese, garlic salt, pepper and whip together achieveing a smooth consistency.
- Evenly distribute this mixture into the baking dish.
- Top it with the bacon crumbles and remaining cheese.
- Bake for ~20 min.