Poor Knight's Köyhät Ritarit
- a slice of French bread or coffee bread per person
- 1 egg
- 3 dl milk
- pinch of salt
- butter or margarine (for frying)
- lingonberry jam (and whipped cream) (on top)
- Cut a thick slice of bread for each person.
- Whip the egg and mix in milk and a pinch of salt.
- Dip the slices in the milk and egg mixture.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot topped with a bit of lingonberry jam.
- If you top it all off with whipped cream, your "poor knights" become "rich knights".