Peach Ice Cream
- 1 x 15oz can peaches in heavy syrup, drained
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsps sugar
- 1 2/3 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean, halved and seeds scraped out
Chop peaches into ~1/4 inch pieces. Mash half of the pieces then place in fridge. Place the cubes separately in the fridge as well. Combine egg yolks and sugar, achieve a creamy and smooth mixture. Include milk, cream, vanilla seeds and blend. Over low heat continuously stir this milk mixture to achieve a thick custard. Once custard consistency of thick and smoothness is acheived put into separate bowl and allow to cool completely. In cooled cream mixture include both mashed peaches and cubes. Mix this all together then place in tupperware with lid and put in freezer. Mixture must be mixed every ~30 min and takes ~7 hours to complete.
- Rombauer, Becker, Becker, Irma, Marion, Ethan Espe (2006). 75th joy of cooking. Simon & Schuster Inc.. pp. 833. ISBN 13:978-0-7432-4626-2.
- Oliver, Jamie Espe (2010). Jamie's AMERICA easy twists on great american classics, and more. Michael Joseph / The Penguin Group. pp. 261. ISBN 978-1-4013-2360-8.