Passover Stuffing with Chestnuts and Mushroom
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups celery, coarsely chopped
- 6 tbsp margarine
- 4 matzoh crackers
- 2 cup chestnuts, cooked, chopped
- 2 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp thyme fresh
- 2 tsp rosemary, fresh
- 2 tsp sage, fresh
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- Cook onion and celery in margarine in medium-size skillet, covered, over medium heat until tender, 8–10 minutes.
- Scrape into bowl.
- Soak matzohs in water to cover 3–5 minutes.
- Drain; squeeze dry.
- Add to bowl.
- Add chestnuts, mushrooms, thyme, rosemary, sage, parsley, salt, pepper and eggs.
- Stuff 12 – 14 pound turkey; roast as you ordinarily would.
- Or bake stuffing in greased shallow 2-quart oven-proof casserole in preheated moderate oven (350 °F) for 45 minutes.