Difference between revisions of "Oeufs en Meurette"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 16:23, 17 September 2012
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 pound smoked bacon in lardons
- 4 pink shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups red wine (typically a red Brugundy would be used, but a good quality fruity vin de pays will do)
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 slices french bread
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 fresh eggs, free-range
- Warm half the butter in a pan with bacon, leave to cook for ~5 min.
- Take remainder of the butter, chop into small slices, chill in the fridge.
- Include the shallots to cook, constantly stirring for ~15 min.
- In a separate pan pour the wine, allow to bubble for ~30 min, should reduce by half.
- In a separate pan include water and white wine vinegar, bring to boil.
- Toast bread (both sides).
- Place a slice of bread in a deep bowl.
- Poach the eggs over the water, cook for ~2 min.
- Place the poached egg on the toast.
- Remove the wine from the heat, swirl in the slices of butter from the fridge.
- Pour over the poached eggs and toast, serve immediately.