Navarin Printanier   aka spring lamb stew is a dish created from a vegetable garden.
- 3 pounds lean lamb
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 pound tiny carrots
- 1/2 pound very small turnips
- 1 pound unpodded peas or 1/2 pound shelled weight
- Cut up lamb into ~1" pieces.
- Over gentle heat melt butter and include the lamb pieces.
- Cook for ~2 min, flip once or twice.
- Stir in flour and tomato paste.
- Cook for ~4 more min, flip once or twice.
- In another pan, warm the stock.
- Pour the stock over the lamb, stir.
- Bring to simmer then cover.
- Leave for ~1 hour.
- Clean carrots and turnips.
- Include with the lamb. (If large cut in half)
- Include the peas.
- Add a bit of water.
- Cook for ~15 min, achieveing tender vegetables.