Difference between revisions of "Molasses Pie"
Revision as of 11:49, 12 April 2012
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Decker Estate in Elmo, Texas in 1999.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 eggs beaten
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ¾ cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups pecan halves
- 2 unbaked pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix eggs, sugar, salt, corn syrup, molasses, butter and vanilla.
- Add pecans and pour into prepared pie shells.
- Place in oven and immediately reduce heat to 350°F.
- Bake for 45 minutes then cool before serving.