Minestrone Vegetable Soup   means big soup, this soup is a meal full of vegetables, you can easily substitute for another vegetable if desired.
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 oz spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 1/2 oz Swiss chard, roughly chopped
- 3 1/2 oz courgettes, sliced into rounds
- 1 large carrot, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 green cabbage, shredded
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 fresh plum tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1.5 litres hot vegetable stock
- 3 1/2 oz tinned borlotti beans, drained
- 7 oz fresh or frozen peas
- 7 oz short pasta, such as tubettini or shells
- 1 1/2 oz Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Over medium heat, warm olive oil.
- Include the garlic, onion, celery and half of the parsley, while stirring.
- Include spinach, Swiss chard, courgettes, carrot and cabbage.
- Constantly stirring.
- Include potatoes and tomatoes.
- Include hot vegetable stock.
- For ~30 min gently let simmer.
- Occasionally stir.
- Include beans, peas and pasta.
- Let it all simmer together.
- Ensure pasta has been cooked and is soft.
- Move pot from the heat.
- Include the other half of the parsley and Parmesan.
- Let soup sit for ~10 minutes, then serve.
- ↑ Contaldo, Gennaro (2010). gennaro's Easy Italian. Headline Publishing Group. pp. 43. ISBN 978-0-7553-1788-2.
- ↑ De Lucas (2005). The Italian Way Cooking with the De Lucas. Alba Media International Ltd.. pp. 33. ISBN 0-9736230-0-4.