Milk Chocolate and Orange Truffles
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 24 oz milk chocolate (imported) - finely chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1½ tsp grated orange peel
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ts solid vegetable shortening
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Bring cream to simmer in heavy medium saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add half the chocolate and whisk until melted.
- Whisk in butter and orange peel.
- Freeze until chocolate mixture is firm enough to mound on spoon, about 40minutes.
- Drop mixture by rounded tablespoons onto foil-lined sheet, spacing apart.
- Freeze until almost firm but still pliable, about 30 minutes.
- Roll each in cocoa powder.
- Then roll between palms of hands into ball.
- Place on same sheet.
- Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- Melt remaining half of chocolate with shortening in top of double boiler over simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- Remove mixture from over water.
- Grasp 1 truffle between thumb and index finger; roll truffle in melted chocolate, coating completely.
- Shake to remove excess chocolate.
- Place truffle on same foil-lined sheet.
- Repeat with remaining truffles.
- Refrigerate until coating is firm, about 1 hour.
- Dust truffles with cocoa powder, brush off excess (can be prepared 2 weeks ahead. Store in refrigerator in an air-tight container)
- Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes and serve.