Mediterranean-style Chicken  is a moist and flavourful way to prepare chicken.
- Makes 6 servings
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large can tomato sauce
- 1 small can tomato purée
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- 1 can ripe olives, sliced or whole
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cup wine or brandy, optional
- cooked rice
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
Salt and pepper the chicken. Cook chicken, medium heat, in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Then put in the; tomatoes, olives and capers. Bake everything, uncovered, at 475° for 10-14 minutes. Or until the meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Simple & Delicious. Taste of Home. 2007. pp. 17. http://http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Mediterranean-Chicken.