Meatball-filled Double-crust Pizza with Pepperoni
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 servings
- 2 pounds pizza dough
- ⅔ cup pizza sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 12 oz pkg cooked turkey meatballs, cut into slices
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup turkey pepperoni
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Coat 12 inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
- On floured surface, roll out half of the dough into 12 inch round.
- Lift the dough into pan, fitting it in pan.
- Spoon the pizza sauce over dough, leaving a border around the edge.
- Sprinkle with oregano and 1 cup cheese blend.
- Scatter the meatballs over the cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Spoon on ricotta.
- Arrange the pepperoni over the ricotta.
- Roll out the other pound of dough into a 12 inch round.
- Lift and fit over the filling on pizza.
- Line up the edge with the bottom crust.
- Crimp the top edge with the lower edges as you would a pie.
- Cut slits in the top.
- Bake the pizza 25 minutes or until the crust is browned.
- Let pizza cool 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with ranch dressing or hot sauce.