Mandarin Orange Cheesecake with Orange Sauce
Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group Makes 6 Servings
- 1 x 11 ounce can mandarin oranges, well drained, reserving juice
- 1 x 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 x 3 ounce package cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup toasted whole wheat bread, crumbs
- 2 cups water
- Line a soufflé dish or 6-inch spring form pan with aluminum foil (they should fit inside your cooker easily).
- Decoratively arrange orange sections in bottom of dish.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in ½ cup sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Pour mixture over orange sections.
- Sprinkle with crumbs.
- Cover dish securely with aluminum foil.
- Place cooking rack or trivet and 2 cups water in at least a 6-quart pressure cooker.
- Place dish on rack.
- Lock lid and bring to full pressure.
- Adjust heat to maintain pressure and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cool cooker at once by setting in a sink filled with 4-inches cold water.
- Let sit 1 – 2 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake and cool in soufflé dish on wire rack.
- Loosen edges and unmold.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Meanwhile for orange sauce, mix ¼ cup sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan.
- Stir in ½ cup of reserved mandarin orange juice.
- Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- Stir in extract.
- Let cool and spoon sauce over cheesecake.