Low-fat Cherry Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Chop fresh or frozen cherries.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar until smooth then beat in egg and vanilla.
- Slowly blend in the dry ingredients.
- Form dough into 1½ inch balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Scoop on ½ teaspoons of cherry jam and ½ teaspoon of chopped cherries.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden.
- Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.