- 3 2lb lobsters in their shells, cut into 2 pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 leeks, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Cognac
- 6 cups water
- 1 bouquet garni
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
Separate lobster into pieces. Heat oil in pot, when hot add lobster chunks (leave shell). Cook for ~5 minutes on high heat, making the shells turn bright red. Include vegetables and garlic, cooking until soft. Stir in tomato paste, cooking for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour in Cognac. Return to heat. Include water, bouquet garni and some salt & pepper. Boil, then reduce to simmer on low for ~45 min. Using a slotted spoon extract the lobster pieces. Put in a food processor to break this down into fine pieces, then return to pot, also including the cream. Boil, then reduce to simmer for ~30 min. Strain the soup, add salt & pepper, lemon juice and chives.
- . Videojug.com. http://videos.tasteofhome.com/video/Lobster-Bisque.
- Bourdain, Anthony (2004). anthony bourdain's LES HALLES COOKBOOK Strategies, Recipes and Techniques of Classic Bistro Cooking with José De Meirelles & Philippe Lajaunie. Bloomsbury, New York and London. pp. 54-55. ISBN 158234180X (hc).