Difference between revisions of "Lentil Stew"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 10:49, 22 August 2012
- 1 small kabocha squash, quartered and seeded
- 2 cups baby carrots, washed
- 1 medium Hawaiian sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (2 inch) piece of fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 cup green or yellow lentils
- 2 (1 inch) pieces kombu
- 3.5 cups water
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2-3/4 cup unsweetened hemp or almond milk
- freshly ground black pepper
- Warm oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use parchment paper to line a rimmed baking dish.
- Place short sides of the squash face down on sheet.
- Place carrots, onion and ginger together in a bowl.
- In the bowl include oil, sea salt, cinnamon and cayenne then toss together.
- Pour vegetables onto the baking pan with the squash.
- For ~43 min roast veggies, should be able to pierce vegetables with ease.
- Clean and wash lentils.
- Place cleaned lentils and kombu with water and vegetable broth in soup pot.
- Do NOT add salt.
- Bring pot to boil.
- Reduce heat to low to simmer for ~40 min.
- Cool roasted vegetables for ~5 min.
- Peel off squash skins and discard.
- Puree roasted vegetables.
- Slowly add in the hemp or almond milk to the pureed vegetables.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Include the puree to the lentils.
- Heat through and serve.