Lancashire corned beef hash
|Lancashire corned beef hash|
|Time:||1 hour, or 10 minutes|
Serve it with buttered bread and HP sauce!
- 4-5 potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 can corned beef
- 1 carrot (optional)
- salt to taste
- white pepper to taste
- 1 pinch tarragon (optional)
- 1 pinch oregano (optional)
- Lea & Perrins (optional)
- small bay leaf (optional)
- Put the ingredients in a wok (yes a wok is perfect though not traditional!) or some other large pan.
- Add water until almost covering the ingredients.
- Cover, bring to boil.
- Lower heat, simmer for 30 mins or until the potatoes soften.
- If too wet, strain off some water.
- Add the broken-up corned beef and stir in gently.
- Bring almost to the boil.
- Switch off the heat and let it sit for 15 minutes.
Heat again or serve as it is.
Alternative method (pressure cooker)
It's easy to make hash in a pressure cooker, just follow the pressure cooker instructions to cook the potatoes & onions on the hob.
- Put all the ingredients apart from the corned beef into the pressure cooker. You do not need much water, perhaps 1 or 2 cm of cold water.
- Bring the pressure cooker up to pressure and cook for approx 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop up the corned beef. When the other ingredients are cooked, open the pressure cooker and mix the corned beef in. Then serve.Lancashire corned beef hash Recipes