Honey Cream-filled Crescents with Berries and Nuts
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Kraft Food And Family Winter 2005 Issue
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tbsp honey divided
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 pkg ( 8 oz ) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix cream cheese and 2 tbsp of honey.
- Stir in almonds.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into 8 triangles.
- Spread 1 rounded tbsp cream cheese mixture onto each triangle.
- Roll up each loosely starting at the shortest side of the triangle rolling to the opposite point.
- Place rolls on ungreased baking sheet.
- Curve each into crescent shape.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve rolls warm and drizzle with remaining honey and some more cinnamon.
- If you wish you can sub chopped pecans for almonds.
- For a sweet and simple dessert, add fresh berries of your choice along with the honey and top with Cool Whip.