Difference between revisions of "Homemade Cracker Jacks"
m (1 revision)
Revision as of 14:14, 24 March 2012
- Yield: 40 oz
- A candy thermometer is handy to have for this rcipe to test the temperature of the syrup that binds the popcorn and nuts together.
- Mix popcorn and peanuts together in a large bowl or pan.
- Cook molasses and sugar together until the mixture reaches a temperature of 235°F on a candy thermometer.
- If you don"t have a thermometer, test the syrup by letting some drop from a spoon into a cup of cold water.
- The syrup is done when it forms a thread as it drops into the water.
- Pour hot syrup mixture over the popcorn nut mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- Cool and break into chunks with a wooden spoon.
- Stored in an airtight container, mixture will keep well for 4 th6 weeks.