Difference between revisions of "Goa Seafood Curry"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 16:51, 21 August 2012
- 12 whole dried red chilies, half with seeds removed
- 2 green chilies, serranos preferred
- 15-18 cloves of garlic
- 1 piece peeled ginerroot, 1.5" in legnth
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, freshly toasted
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups finely chopped onions (4-5)
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 2.5 tsp salt
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb catfish, red snapper, halibut or any similar fish, skinned and cut into 3x2" pieces
- 4-5 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 5 tbsp lemon wedges, to garnish
- Combine red and green chilies, garlic, ginger, cumin, poppy seeds, turmeric, cashews, vinegar, 5-6 tbsp (75-90 mL) water in a blender
- Achieve a paste consistency.
- Leave paste to sit.
- Over medium-high heat warm a pan with oil.
- Include onions and saute, achieveing a golden appearance. (~7 min)
- Add the paste into the warmed pan.
- Reduce heat, medium-low.
- Constantly stir for ~7 min.
- Include 1 tbsp water.
- Fold in coconut milk and salt.
- Put a lid on the pan and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer for ~5 min.
- Turn heat back up and include shrimp and fish.
- Bring all to boil.
- Put a lid on the pan and cook the shrimp and fish. (~9 min)
- Achieve an opaque shrimp and test fish so it flakes when poked.
- Include lime juice.
- Take pan off of heat.
- Leave pan to sit and marinate for ~15 min with lid on.
- To serve garnish with lemon wedges over boiled rice.