- 3 tbsp golden flaxseed, ground
- 3/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp agar agar flakes dissolved in 2 oz boiling water
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil, plus more for the pizza dough
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet Hawaiian onion, finely chopped
- 1 15oz jar unsweetened tomato sauce
- 1 15oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup light agave or coconut nectar
- 1 tbsp Bragg's or coconut liquid amino acids
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 8 oz vegan mozzarella, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grind flaxseed then spread on the baking sheet.
- Sift together the all-purpose flour, tapioca flour, white rice flour, potato starch ,xanthan gum and salt.
- Whisk dissolved agar agar flakes, warm water, vinegar and oil on slow for ~3 min, combine well.
- In another bowl combine hot water, yeast, sugar, leave to fizz together.
- On slow mix together the sifted flour to the agar agar mixture, dough should form little pea sized crumbs.
- Turn mixer on high and include the yeast mixture, mixing for ~3 min.
- Spray a spatula with cooking spray then use to scrape the walls of the mixing bowl.
- Create the dough into a ball shape.
- Move the dough onto the flaxseed covered parchment paper on the baking sheet.
- Spread the dough out with the greased spatula, optimal thickness is medium thin for this kind of crust.
- Oil fingers and create an edge for the pizza dough.
- Spray one side of plastic wrap then use to cover the dough.
- Warm oven to 375 degrees F, keep covered pizza dough on oven, additionally cover with a clean dish towel (on top of the plastic)
- Keough, Kelly (2011). The 100 Best Gluten-Free Recipes for your Vegan Kitchen. Ulysses Press. pp. 78-79. ISBN 978-1-56975-872-4.
- Berriedale-Johnson, Michelle (1998). The Everyday Wheat-Free & Gluten-Free Cookbook. Key Porter Books Limited. pp. 136-137. ISBN 1-55263-131-1.
- Hagman, Bette (1990). The Gluten-Free Gourmet Living Well Without Wheat. Henry Holt and Company, Inc.. pp. 162-164. ISBN 0-8050-1210-9.