Difference between revisions of "Eastern North Carolina Barbecue Sauce"
(red pepper flakes = crushed red peppers [that's what it says on the jar])
m (1 revision: 3)
Revision as of 16:32, 22 March 2012
|Eastern North Carolina Barbecue Sauce|
- ¾ gallons apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ cup salt
- ¼ cup ground black pepper
- ¼ cup red pepper flakes
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 cups honey
- Start with apple cider vinegar in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add salt, ground black pepper, crushed red pepper, molasses, and honey.
- Let mixture heat up, but not quite boil.
- Mix well.
- Return sauce to the jug that the vinegar came in to cool.
Notes, tips and variations
- This is the sauce used for authentic barbecue.
- Recipe from my friend and Brother Chip Crumpler.