Deli-style Philly Steak Sandwich
This deli-quick sandwich, reminiscent of the popular Philly Steak sandwich, is both colorful and very flavorful.
- Prep: 15 minutes - Cook: 12 minutes - Broil: 2 minutes
- Makes 4 sandwiches
- ¼ cup Land o Lakes® butter
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 1 medium (1 cup) green and/or red bell pepper, cut into strips
- ½ pound sliced deli roast beef, cut into strips
- 4 hoagie or french rolls, split
- 8 (¾-ounce) slices Land o Lakes® deli American or provolone cheese, cut in half
- Heat broiler.
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling; add onions and pepper strips.
- Cook over medium heat until onion is softened (8 to 10 minutes).
- Add beef strips; continue cooking until heated through (4 to 6 minutes).
- Meanwhile, place split rolls onto ungreased baking sheet, cut-side up.
- Broil 2 to 5 inches from heat until light golden brown (1 to 2 minutes).
- For each sandwich, place 2 halves cheese on bottom half of bun.
- Spoon ¼ hot meat mixture over cheese.
- Top with 2 halves cheese and top half of bun.
- Serve immediately.
Per 1 Sandwich: Calories 740, Fat 28 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 2140 mg, Carbohydrates 89 g, Dietary Fiber 6 g, Protein 33 g