Cuban-style Roast Pork Sandwiches
- Mash the garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin together to form a paste.
- Rub the paste on the pork tenderloin and place in a small roasting pan.
- Roast at 450°F (230°C) for 20 to 25 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 155f (70c).
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut the pork into thin slices.
- Layer the pork, pickled onions and peppers, and cheese between slices of bread.
- Heat half the olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat until the surface shimmers.
- Add two sandwiches and cover with foil.
- Weigh it down with a heavy skillet and one or two heavy cans, or a brick covered with aluminum foil.
- Cook until the sandwiches are brown on the bottom (3 to 5 minutes), remove the weights, turn the sandwiches over, and cook until brown on the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining oil and the other two sandwiches.
- Cut sandwiches in half and serve immediately.