Cod Carpaccio   is a finely sliced dish.
- 400 g cod fillet, with skin
- extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- juice of 1/2 lime
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp finely chopped capers
- 1/4 red pepper, very finely diced
- 1/4 green pepper, very finely diced
- 1/4 onion, peeled and very finely diced
- oregano or torn flat leaf parsley leaves (optional)
- Lay 4 large pieces of cling wrap on a flat surface.
- Place cod, skin side down on a cutting board.
- Slice horizontally into wafer thin pieces.
- Place slices on the cling wrap, slightly overlapping them.
- Cover with a piece of cling wrap on top.
- Flatten with your hands.
- Leave in fridge for ~1 hour.
- Remove cling wrap carefully.
- Place cod on serving platter.
- Ensure all cling wrap is removed before serving.
- Drizzle olive oil and lime juice all over.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with the diced vegetables.
- ↑ Hart, Sam, Eddie (2006). Modern Spanish Cooking. Quadrille Publishing Ltd Alhambra House. pp. 74.
- ↑ Hoffman, Susanna (2004). The olive and the caper. Workman Publishing. ISBN 0-7611-3468-9.