Chilean Sea Bass à la Grecque
This recipe yields 4.
- 1 lb Chilean sea bass fillet - (to 1½ lbs) bones removed, cut in serving pieces
- salt to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup flour more if needed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion minced
- 3 garlic cloves - (to 4) minced or pressed
- 1½ lb tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried rosemary crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp coriander seeds or ground coriander (optional)
- Rinse the Chilean sea bass with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Lightly season the with salt and pepper, then coat with flour, shaking off the excess.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, add the pieces and cook just until lightly browned, about 1 minute on each side.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the Onion and garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, lemon juice, bay leaves, rosemary, oregano, coriander, salt and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the pieces and press them gently into the tomato mixture, cover the skillet and cook over medium heat until the is no longer opaque in the center, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaves, transfer the and tomato mixture to warmed dinner plates and serve with rice or pasta.