Difference between revisions of "Chicken Hash"
m (1 revision)
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
Revision as of 14:28, 6 April 2012
A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Ingredients by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6-8
- 2½ to 4 pound chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 to 4 cups diced, cooked potatoes (fresh or leftover)
- 1 can carrots, drained
- 3 cups of gravy (or enough to make hash moist)
- Boil chicken until meat falls off of bones easily. De-bone chicken and chop meat.
- Brown chicken and onion in non-stick pan with cooking spray.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and gravy.
- Heat thoroughly, stirring often to avoid sticking or burning. Season to taste.
- Pre-cooked ingredients can be used from any roast or other leftovers. Canned beef or chicken can be used. This is a quick and easy way to use up leftovers.