Chicken Breasts à la Parisienne
Makes 4 servings.
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned (about 1 pound)
- 4 thin slices cooked ham
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- ⅓ cup fine dry bread crumbs or corn flake crumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 x 7½-ounce can semi-condensed savory cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Sauterne wine or other dry white wine
- 2 cups hot cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place chicken, cut side up, between pieces of wax paper or plastic wrap. Beat each with flat side of meat mallet until thin, forming about a 4-inch square.
- Place ham slice on each piece of chicken. Roll up as for jelly roll.
- Brush each roll well with butter; roll in mixture of bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Place in buttered shallow baking pan and bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine soup, sour cream and wine. Heat thoroughly.
- Combine rice and parsley. Toss lightly.
- Serve chicken rolls on beds of parsley rice and top with sauce.