Caramel Walnut Dream Bars
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wagner Estate in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 1991. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 egg
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup walnuts finely ground
- ½ cup finely ground toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare rectangular cake pan with cooking spray then set aside.
- Combine cake mix, butter and one egg in a mixing bowl then mix until crumbly.
- Press mixture onto bottom of prepared pan then set aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine milk, remaining egg, extract, walnuts and toffee bits.
- Mix well and pour over base in pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group