Cajun Tofu and Roasted Red Pepper Pizza
- 1 (12 oz.) package extra firm tofu
- 1 Tbs soybean oil
- 1 Tbs ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 (12 or 16 oz.) prepared Italian pizza crust
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 2 (7 oz.) jars roasted red peppers, drained
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella Cheese
Preheat oven to 450 °F. Crumble tofu into bowl. Add oil and all spices. Mix. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Place pizza crust on baking sheet and spread with pizza sauce. Top with crumbled Cajun tofu, red peppers and mozzarella Cheese. Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until toppings are heated throughout.
Yield: One pizza cut into 8 wedges. Serving size: 1 wedge. Per serving: 337 calories, 13 g fat (4.5 g sat fat), 23 g protein (3 g soy protein), 34 g carbohydrate, 686 mg sodium, 28 mg cholesterol, 5 g dietary fiber.