Cabbage Casserole   is a warm filling dish, good for large gatherings.
- 1 medium head green cabbage
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz sharp Cheddar cheese, grated (~2 cups)
- 1 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 40 butter crackers, such as Ritz, crushed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- Warm oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease/spray a baking dish.
- Chop up cabbage into eights.
- Warm a pan over medium heat with water, include the cabbage and steam for ~5 min.
- Remove pan and drain cabbage.
- Combine and mix well the crumbled bacon, mayonnaise, cheese, soup, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Evenly spread this mixture in the baking dish with the cabbage.
- Combine the cracker crumbs and melted butter and cover the the dish with this.
- Bake for ~30 min, achieveing a light brown top.