|Bananes flambées au rhum
Bananes flambées au rhum   is a popular adult dessert in the islands, usually accompanied with vanilla ice cream with a sprinkling of seeds from local vanilla beans.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar syrup or 2 tbsp brown sugar melted with 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp rum
- Peel and split bananas legnthwise.
- Fry bananas in butter on both sides until a golden brown colour is achieved.
- Include sugar syrup and let bubble for 1 min.
- Warm rum in a ladle by setting fire to it and pour over bananas (do at table when serving).
- (optional) Serve with a scoop(s) of vanilla ice cream if desired.