BBQ Tofu Open-faced Sandwiches
- 6 oz BBQ-flavored tofu
- 2 x 4 oz slices cornbread, about 4x4 inches square
- 6 oz vegan cheese slices, cheddar cheese flavored
- 1 cup vegetarian baked beans, heated through
- ¼ cup soy “bacon” bits
- Preheat broiler.
- Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice tofu in half horizontally.
- Heat skillet over medium heat, and grill tofu halves until golden on both sides, about 8 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, arrange cornbread slices on baking pan.
- Top with sliced tofu and cheese slices, and broil until cheese melts, for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with equal portions of beans, sprinkle with soy “bacon” bits and serve.