Aubergines in a Tomato Sauce
- 2 medium aubergines (cut in thin slices),
- frying oil, 50-80 gr. of plain white flour,
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes,
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed),
- chopped parsley.
- After cutting the aubergines into slices season with salt and leave aside for 10 minutes and drain any water. According to the original recipe, dip each slice into the flour and fry in a pan. You can also use a deep-fat fryer. Or you can just grill them for 5–10 minutes each side after brushing them with little oil. Leave to cool.
- For the tomato sauce, heat little oil in a pan, add half of the crushed garlic and stir, add the can of tomatoes and simmer until the sauce has thickened, add the rest of the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Take off the hob and add the chopped parsley.
- In a dish arrange a layer sauce followed by a layer of aubergines. Cool in a fridge for few hours or just serve.