Angels on Horseback
- 24 oysters, remove from shell
- 12 streaky bacon rashers, rinded
- 12 small slices toast
- butter, enough to butter the toast
- 1 bunch watercress
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C / 400°F / gas 6.
- Stretch bacon so it doesn't shrink when it's cooked.
- Use the back of a knife. Cut each rasher in half.
- Wrap a piece of bacon round each oyster. Place on a baking sheet.
- Keep them packed up tight so that they don't unravel.
- Bake for about 8 minutes.
- Butter the toast.
- Arrange 2 angels on each piece and garnish the dish with the watercress.