Amarillos a la Moda
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Carefully place the plantains in the skillet. Mix the cinnamon and Sugar and sprinkle over the plantains. Cook for five minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the range.
- Remove the plantains and place in a dish just large enough to hold them.
- Add 1/2 cup wine to the empty skillet and stir thoroughly to make a sauce from the Sugar and cinnamon remnants. Pour the sauce over the plantains.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for thirty minutes. Pour 2 oz brandy over the plantains. Set on fire and allow the flames to extinguish naturally.
- Serve with generous helpings of vanilla ice cream. This delicious dessert should not be refrigerated. Luckily, it should not be difficult to use it at once!