Difference between revisions of "Aloo Tikki"
m (Robot: Changing Category:Vegetarian Appetizer Recipes)
m (1 revision)
Revision as of 11:11, 24 March 2012
- 3 cups boiled mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup refined flour (maida)
- 1 cup flaked rice (poha or powdered rice)
- 2 chopped green chilli
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped tomato
- 2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 cup yogurt (curd)
- salt to taste
- vegetable oil as required
- ½ cup Green Chutney
- ½ cup Tamarind Chutney
- Wash poha thoroughly and squeeze out all the water.
- Soak poha in about ⅛ cup water for 5 minutes so that it becomes soft.
- Then mash it.
- Add mashed potatoes, refined flour and salt.
- Knead to a smooth mixture.
- Take a little potato mixture and flatten it on your palm, round in shape and about 1 cm. thick.
- Similarly, make tikkis from the remaining mixture and keep aside.
- Heat about 3 tbsp. oil in a frying pan (preferably flat) / non-stick pan.
- Fry the tikkis on medium heat until golden brown on both the side.
- While frying turn the tikkis upside down so that they don't burn.
- Once you are done with all the tikkis, be ready to serve.
- Take 2 tikkis in a plate.
- Flatten the tikkis, then add some chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, green chilli.
- Add about 1 tbsp. yogurt, little green chutney, tamarind chutney.
- Sprinkle pinch of red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder and salt.
- Follow the same procedure for the remaining tikkis.
- Serve hot aloo tikkia.
- (optional- garnish with chopped green coriander leaves).