Wyoming Blackberry Jam Cake with Caramel Frosting
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cabrera Estate in Malakoff, Texas in 1986. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 3 cups cake flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups seedless blackberry jam
- Stir together flour, salt and spices.
- Cream butter and sugar together well then add in the sifted flour mix and blend well.
- Stir the soda into the buttermilk and add into the mixture and stir again.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each then add the jam and mix in thoroughly.
- Bake in three greased and floured cake pans for 30 minutes.
- When cool frost in between layers and sides and top of cake.
- To make frosting boil brown sugar, sugar and milk until syrup forms a soft ball in cold water then add butter and cool to lukewarm.
- Beat until thick and creamy.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group