Welsh Rarebit, American-style
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon mustard (a good strong mustard)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup beer
- ½ cup Velveeta American cheese spread
- 2 slices Italian bread, grilled
- Melt the butter and mustard in a microwave safe bowl on high for 15 seconds, add salt and pepper, beer and cheese and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Remove the bowl and stir until the cheese has completely melted, taste and add additional salt and pepper if required.
- Pour over plain toast or for a lunch, slices of ham and tomatoes may be added.
- Serve immediately, with the rest of the beer.