Waitrose Baked Herb Ricotta and Roast Cherry Tomatoes
This is really brunch, masquerading as a light supper. The recipe can easily be doubled to serve four generously – just spoon the ricotta mixture into a small loaf tin instead of individual moulds and bake for ten minutes longer. A small avocado and rocket salad makes an ideal accompaniment.
- Preparation time : 10 minutes
- Cooking time : 20 minutes to 25 minutes
- Total time : 30 minutes to 35 minutes
- Serves: 2
- 2 slices wholemeal or sourdough bread
- 150 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g ricotta cheese, drained
- 2 tbsp Grana Padano cheese, finely grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp basil leaves, torn
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / gas 5. Spread the tomatoes out, cut sides up, in a small roasting tin and season well.
- Use a little of the oil to grease two 180ml pudding moulds or ovenproof cups and drizzle 1 – 2 tsp over the tomatoes.
- Beat the cheeses, egg and half the basil together with a little seasoning in a bowl and divide between the moulds.
- Bake the Ricotta mixture and the tomatoes for 20 – 25 minutes, until the cheese is puffed up and beginning to brown. Run a knife around the edge and turn out of the moulds.
- Toast the bread and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Top with slices of the baked Ricotta; season with black pepper
This recipe needs a wine that will balance its acidity, with a complexity able to cope with the textures. This Italian example has delicacy and a lovely finish. Sant’Elisa Friulano 2008 Friuli Grave DOC. Bin 600870.
- Energy: 485 kcal | Fat: 34 g | Saturated Fat: 14 g | Salt: 1.2 g | Sugars: 6 g