This is quick, simple, flavourful and perfect for Australia's hot summer climate! Serving suggestion: Warm Turkish bread and crème fraîche mixed with a touch of horseradish.
- In a small bowl combine the salt, pepper and sugar.
- Add vodka and lemon juice and stir until dissolved.
- Add zest, dill, preserved lemon rind, red onion and olive oil.
- Place smoked salmon in a shallow casserole dish and pour over dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (over night is better).
- To serve, strain off any excess liquid and mound on a chilled serving platter.