Tuscan Pork Loin with Garlic and Herbs
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wadley Estate in Allen, Texas in 1990. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 5 garlic cloves finely slivered
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 4 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine garlic and seasonings.
- With a small knife make about a dozen slits on all sides of the roast.
- Insert most of the garlic herb mixture evenly into the slits then rub the whole roast with the rest of the mixture.
- Drizzle with the olive oil then place roast on a rack in a baking pan and roast for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°F, baste and continue roasting for 1 hour longer.
- Remove and let rest 15 minutes then slice and serve.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group