Turkey Patties in Mushroom Wine Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
- ½ lbs fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp margarine
- 1 lbs ground turkey
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp Italian herb blend
- ½ cup dry red wine
- ¼ tsp cracked pepper
- Saute half the mushrooms and the chopped onion in margarine in a large frying pan.
- Combine sauteed vegetables with turkey, egg, salt, and herbs.
- Shape turkey mixture into 4 patties.
- Broil 3 – 5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- While patties are cooking, add remaining mushrooms, wine, and pepper to frying pan.
- Simmer gently and serve sauce over patties.
For 1 patty with sauce:
- 3g Carbohydrates | 23g Protein | 13g Fat | 0.5g Fiber | 359mg Sodium | 89mg Cholesterol
- Food exchanges: 3½ lean meat
- Low-sodium diets: omit salt. Use unsalted margarine.
- Note: if you have a high cholesterol count, substitute eggbeaters for the egg