Tortillas with Cucumbers, Eggplant and Minted Yogurt
Tortillas with Cucumbers, Eggplant and Minted Yogurt from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 4 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium eggplant, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- Small handful of fresh mint, chopped
- Small handful of cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 green chili, seeded and thinly sliced
- 7 oz. plain, low fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 large, flour tortillas
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika to garnish
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the eggplant and sauté for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix mint, cilantro, chives, chili, yogurt and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the eggplant slices over the tortillas.
- Spread yogurt sauce evenly over eggplant.
- Arrange cucumber slices on top of sauce.
- Roll up each tortilla and sprinkle paprika to garnish and serve.