Toblerone Dark Chocolate Honey-almond Fondue
Cheese fondue originated in Switzerland, but chocolate fondue was a New World recipe created in 1964 by Konrad Egli, a Swiss-born chef working at New York's Chalet Swiss restaurant. Zurich's Toblerone chocolate works well in the dish, because its honey-nougat blend echoes the honey and almond flavoring that are also in the recipe.
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 7 ounces Toblerone bittersweet chocolate (2 x 3.52-ounce bars) or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon kirsch (clear cherry brandy)
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- fresh fruit (such as whole strawberries, 1-inch-thick slices peeled banana, peeled pear wedges and orange segments)