Thai Garlic Chicken
This may sound like a lot of garlic, but the end result is delicious. This is my favorite chicken recipe as it is so easy and full of wonderful Thai flavours. Cook this in a ridged grill pan and serve with green ginger rice and fiery corn.
- 4 boneless Chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly or crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 1 limes, juice and rind of
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 - 2 red chiles, de-seeded and thinly sliced
- ½ tablespoon dried coriander
- ¼ cup cashews
- 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- Cut gashes into chicken, through skin if present.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a deep glass bowl.
- Put the chicken pieces in the bowl, making sure to coat each piece thoroughly and press into gashes.
- Cover and leave the chicken in the marinade at least 2 hours; mix it around at some point during this time using 2 forks.
- Next cook the chicken with the cashews and mushrooms in a foil-lined oven pan at the top of a hot oven (250 °C) for 20-30 minutes, or grill/broil it, or cook on the BBQ at medium heat for 15 - 20 minutes until cooked through.
- Keep basted with the marinade while cooking.
- Serve with buttered rice, perhaps some wild rice mixed in, along with fresh greens and a salad.